Proverbs 22:7

The rich rule over the poor, and the borrower is slave to the lender.

Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Mr Murphy is trying to attack me....

During the first week of March in 2007, my desktop computer died. It was spring break my senior year. I had 8 weeks of classes left and I could NOT survive 8 weeks of classes with no computer.

So...on March 7th, my bestie Cynthia went with me to purchase a new one. I bought an HP Pavillian dv9000 laptop.

Today, it fried. I think it's the graphics card, but I have no way of knowing for certain until they look at it.

I called Fry's to verify the date of my purchase and the warranty info. Leap Day back in 2008....yeah, would have screwed me over. My warranty is valid until 9pm on Friday the 5th (so I guess a 3 year warranty is really a 1095 day warranty when you add in leap days....)

To make matters worse, since I now live in Columbus, and not the Atlanta area, there is NO Fry's location nearby. None, nada, zilch. I have to make the 135 mile drive 1 way to take it in to the store, because they will not allow me to ship it.

CRAP.

Luckily, the store is open until 9pm during the week. I guess I'll be getting off work at 5:15 tomorrow and will be making the trip to Atlanta.

Murphy tried to get me to go out and buy a new one. After all, it's mighty tempting considering you can buy a netbook for less than $500 these days. But that was the old me. The new me will spend 2/3 tank of gas round trip to get the darn thing fixed rather than buying a new one.

No comments: